The application period for the Performance and Elite Sport Scholarships 2024 is currently open, and in this article, we will provide an in-depth explanation of this scholarship programme.
This includes the advantages it offers and the application procedure, which is broken down step by step.
The Performance and Elite Sport Scholarships 2023–2024 are scholarships with varying degrees of financial support available to International Students.
These scholarships are open to students at Cardiff Metropolitan University who are pursuing an undergraduate or master’s degree.
They provide a reduction of up to £5,000 off the university’s programme tuition fees and access to some of the best facilities around.
The Elite Sport Scholar Award is open to students of all academic levels, including Undergraduates, Postgraduates, and Overseas Students.
It’s also open to those who have demonstrated outstanding achievement in the realm of sport, including performance and/or coaching.
Students who satisfy the requirements for the prize and who have demonstrated both academic excellence and athletic prowess are eligible to submit an application for it.
They will be expected to demonstrate their ongoing dedication to Cardiff Met performance sports in order to be considered for scholarships, which are awarded on an annual basis and are assessed annually.
This is so that they can continue to receive benefits from the programme throughout the entirety of their time spent in school.
Details Regarding performance and elite sport scholarships 2024
- Level of Study: Undergraduate, Masters.
- Institution(s): Cardiff Metropolitan University.
- Study In: United Kingdom (UK).
- Opportunity Focus Areas: All Courses Offered at Cardiff Metropolitan University.
- Program Period: Depends on the Chosen Degree.
- Number of Scholarships: 32
Financial Support for Students
Elite Sport Scholar Award provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- Up to £5,000 discount from their programme tuition fees.
- Access to excellent facilities.
- Strength and conditioning support from UKSCA accredited staff.
- Sports science support, including nutrition, psychology, physiology, biomechanics.
- Sports medicine, including physiotherapy massage.
- Active yoga and recovery sessions.
- Performance workshops.
Criteria for Eligibility
Consideration of the following criteria is required in order to be eligible for the Elite Sport Scholar Award:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries.
In order to be considered for a scholarship, athletes need to:
1. Be currently enrolled at Cardiff Metropolitan University or be getting ready to start classes there (for any subject).
2. Participate in a sport that is officially sanctioned by the British Universities and Colleges Sport (BUCS) organization and make a contribution to the university’s BUCS goals.
3. Be competing at an international level or performing at a level that puts them on track to compete at the highest level possible in their sport (for example, at the national, international, or professional level).
4. Have their National Governing Body (NGB) coach and/or the university’s coach in their sport suggest them.
5. As a condition of receiving the scholarship, students are required to participate in the BUCS tournament while representing Cardiff Metropolitan University.
6. It is expected of students that they will represent Cardiff Metropolitan University at open events and take part in promotion and marketing initiatives for the School of Sports and Health Science.
7. In order for the catering or general campus allowance to be processed, you must be enrolled at Cardiff Metropolitan University as a full-time student and in possession of your student ID card.
8. Receiving payment for the award in the second and third years of study is contingent upon successfully moving on to the subsequent year of study.
9. The amount of the award that you receive in your second and third years is contingent on the Performance Sport Panel’s evaluation of your degree of sports progress.
10. In the normal course of events, there will not be a fourth year of the award; nevertheless, consideration will be given to applicants who undertake a four-year programme.
This is in addition to those who are studying part time and/or in a Postgraduate programme.
11. No one who is required to retake the entire year will be eligible for the award unless they can demonstrate that there are extenuating circumstances for each of the retaken credits.
12. You will be required to submit a new application every year.
13. Students attending franchise colleges are not eligible for this prize in any of its forms.
Please get in touch with the school to inquire about the bursaries and scholarships that are available.
14. It is not possible for you to get both the Elite Sport Scholar award and the Postgraduate Scholarship at the same time.
15. The award package will be adapted to provide students with the support they need to realize their full potential in the sport of their choice.
16. The Head of Performance Sport, the Students Union Sports Manager, and a member of the academic staff will form the committee that will choose the scholarship recipient.
Instructions on How to Apply
Submit your application for the Elite Sport Scholar Award in the following manner:
1. Please ensure that the application for the Elite Sport Scholar Award is complete.
2. Deliver it to the Head of Performance Sport along with evidence of performance standards and coach contact details in order to make it possible to ask for a recommendation.
NOTE: You will receive an automatic notification by email. If you do not receive this notification, please contact [email protected] as soon as possible so they can confirm receipt.
You will then receive confirmation that you are eligible, subject to meeting the Terms and Conditions.
Once all of the exams have been completed and before you begin your course, they will provide you with definitive confirmation that you will be receiving the award.