Africa Studentships are now available to apply for at King’s College London for the academic year 2023-2024.
Students who are citizens of Africa and have a legal right to live and study in one of the African countries can apply for the studentship.
This funding opportunity is intended to assist exceptional students from Africa in their pursuit of a Doctoral Degree at King’s College London on a full-time basis.
King George III established the institution that is now known as King’s College London in 1829. In 1836, it became one of the two colleges that established the University of London.
The university has a good global reputation for teaching excellence because it provides a diverse array of academic programmes for students to choose from.
These programmes can help students construct a successful future for themselves.
It has been providing outstanding education as well as research that is on par with the best in the world, with the intention of bringing about positive and lasting change in society.
Details Regarding King’s College London Africa Studentships 2023
- Eligible Countries: African Countries.
- Host Institution(s): King’s College London.
- Department: African Leadership Centre.
- Course Level: PhD.
- Award: Varies.
- Access Mode: Online.
- Number of Awards: Varies.
- Nationality: Africa.
Acceptable Course or Subjects
The following fields of study, considered to be of great importance, will be eligible for scholarship awards:
- International Political Economy.
- Political Economy.
- Fashion Management.
- Business, Development Studies.
- Media and Creative Industries.
- Social Sciences.
Financial Support for Students
The studentship will provide the recipient with the following benefits for a period of four years:
- Tuition fees at a higher rate applicable to International Students.
- The annual expense of research can reach up to £5,000.
- A monthly stipend (sometimes known as a living allowance).
In order for the applicants to be considered, they must satisfy all of the following criteria:
1. You must have an African nationality and a legal right to live in an African nation indefinitely.
2. You need to earn a high merit or a distinction in any topic you study at the Master’s Level or higher (or its equivalent).
3. You must be able to demonstrate that you have the necessary academic background to enroll in the Doctor of Philosophy programme offered by the Faculty of Social Science and Policy at King’s College London.
4. Applicants are required to provide evidence of a significant interest in fashion and the creative economy on all levels (academic, professional, and personal).
5. You need to be good at working in a team, being observant, being organised, and communicating.
Instructions on How to Apply
Candidates can submit their applications by using King’s relevant online application system.
The following list of supporting documents is what applicants must provide:
- Personal Statement.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Cover Letter.
- Relevant Experience.
- Academic Reference(s).
- Research Proposal/Project Approval Form.
- Transcripts of Previous Qualifications.
- English Language Qualifications.
The following are the admission requirements that the students are expected to present:
- Occupational Health.
- Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
- Academic Technology Approval Scheme (ATAS).
Candidates are required to demonstrate proficiency in the following languages:
If your first language is not English you must be able to provide recent evidence that your spoken and written command of the English language is adequate for the programmes for which you have applied.