The application process for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2023 is currently open, and in this article, we will discuss the application procedure in detail.
This includes the benefits of receiving this scholarship and how to do so step by step.
The Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2023-2024 is a scholarship that is granted for Master’s and Doctoral-level study at Cambridge University, and it is open to students from all around the world.
This scholarship offers a stipend of £18,744 per year, as well as medical insurance, assistance of up to £2,000 for academic growth, and a family allowance of up to £15,612.
The Gates Cambridge Scholarship Programme was launched in October 2000 with a grant of $210 million from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to the University of Cambridge.
This donation was the largest single donation that has ever been made to a United Kingdom university.
For the academic year 2023, Gates Cambridge will award a total of 80 full-tuition scholarships to excellent individuals living outside the United Kingdom.
These are for students who wish to pursue a Postgraduate Degree at the University of Cambridge full-time in any field that is offered there.
Approximately 25 grants will be made available in the US round, and approximately 55 awards will be made available in the international round.
PhD students will be eligible for approximately two-thirds of these awards.
Details Regarding Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2023
- Level of Study: Masters, PhD.
- Institution(s): University of Cambridge.
- Study In: United Kingdom (UK).
- Program Period: 2 Years for Masters & 3 Years for PhD.
- Opportunity Focus Areas: All the available courses at University of Cambridge except the courses listed below.
Courses Which Are Not Eligible:
- Any Undergraduate Degree such as BA (Undergraduate) or BA Affiliated (a Second BA).
- Business Doctorate (BusD).
- Master of Business (MBA).
- Master of Finance (MFin).
- MBBChir Clinical Studies.
- MD Doctor of Medicine Degree (6 Years, Part-Time).
- Graduate Course in Medicine (A101).
- Part-Time Degrees.
- Non-Degree Courses.
Financial Support for Students
The recipient who is awarded the Gates Cambridge Scholarship will receive all of the following benefits:
1. A maintenance allowance for a student who is attending school on their own (at the rate in effect for the academic year 2023-2024, this amount is equal to £18.744).
2. One round-trip ticket in economy class for both the commencement and the conclusion of the programme.
3. The charges associated with obtaining an inward visa as well as the Immigration Health Surcharge.
4. Financial support for professional and academic growth, ranging from up to £500 to up to £2,000 (depending on the length of your programme) to attend conferences and professional development programmes.
5. Family allowance: up to £10,944 for one kid and up to £15,612 for two or more children (at the rate in effect for the fiscal year 2023-2024).
6. Fieldwork: If you’re doing fieldwork as part of your PhD programme, you can submit a request to receive up to your regular maintenance allowance while you’re away.
NOTE: The Trust does not contribute to the funding of any other expenditures associated with the fieldwork because these ought to be covered by the university composition fee.
7. If you become pregnant or give birth to a child, you may be eligible for financing that will allow you to take a break from your studies for up to six months while allowing you to continue receiving your maintenance allowance during this time.
8. Financial aid for students with exceptional circumstances to help them overcome obstacles that were not anticipated.
Criteria for Eligibility
Candidates must satisfy all of the standards listed below in order to be considered for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship, which are as follows:
- Required Language: English.
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries.
1. You should have a strong intellectual background, the ability to take on leadership roles, and a dedication to bettering the lives of those around you.
2. You must be able to present a compelling argument for the Postgraduate Degree that you wish to pursue at Cambridge.
3. To be eligible to pursue a Postgraduate Degree in full-time study, applicants must be from countries other than the United Kingdom.
Instructions on How to Apply
When applying for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship, please ensure that you follow the application instructions listed below:
- Apply for admission to a course and a College place.
- Create an account on the website and log in.
- Complete the required fields with your personal information.
Submit These Documents
1. Gates Cambridge Statement: Please explain, in no more than 3000 characters (about 500 words), why you are seeking a scholarship from Gates Cambridge.
2. Curriculum Vitae or Resume and Research Proposal (this step is reserved for PhD applicants).
3. Gates Reference: Candidates for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship are required to provide not only two academic references but also a reference regarding how well they would match the requirements of the scholarship.
- Once you’re done, respond to the questions on the application.
- After that, send in your application.