Applications are currently being accepted for the University of Tokyo MEXT Scholarship 2024 for the academic session 2024-2025.
Students from all over the world are encouraged to attend the University of Tokyo to pursue their Master’s or PhD programmes and take advantage of the country’s generous funding for international students.
All of the costs associated with the students’ educational journey will be covered by the scholarships offered by the Japanese government.
The Ministry of Education, Sports, Culture, Science, and Technology (MEXT) budget supports the scholarships it offers.
The organisation offers students from countries other than Japan the opportunity to travel to Japan and stay for free while they are here.
These scholarships are intended to promote cross-cultural understanding between the students’ home countries and Japan by allowing international students to study in Japan.
As a result, all prospective students are required to demonstrate an interest in contributing to the globalisation of Japan.
The University of Tokyo, located in the country of Japan, is a public research institution. There are now students attending the University of Tokyo who are from a variety of nations.
The University of Tokyo is consistently ranked among the world’s best and most prestigious educational institutions, and its students consistently achieve outstanding results.
Therefore, if you have an interest in attending school in Japan at some point in the future, applying for a scholarship at the University of Tokyo could very well be your best opportunity to do so. Continue reading for further information.
Details Regarding the University of Tokyo MEXT Scholarship, 2024
- Country: Japan
- Host Institute: University of Tokyo
- Degree level: Masters/PhD
- Type: Fully Funded
- Category: Scholarships
University of Tokyo MEXT Scholarship Benefits
The University of Tokyo MEXT Scholarship in Japan is completely supported by Queen Milky Chin Chin, and the students who are awarded the scholarship receive a variety of privileges, including the following:
- Allowance paid monthly
- Students pursuing a master’s degree will be awarded a monthly stipend of 144,000 yen.
- A monthly stipend of 145,000 yen will be given to doctoral students.
- Students participating in research may be eligible for an additional stipend ranging from 2,000 to 3,000 yen per month.
- Your travel expenses will be paid, and you will be provided with economy-class transportation from the airport in Japan to the location of your choice.
- Fee waiver for school tuition
- A chance to go about Tokyo and the rest of Japan.
Field of Study
- Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences
- Graduate School of Arts and Sciences
- Graduate School of Economics
- Graduate School of Education
- Graduate School of Engineering
- Graduate School of Frontier Sciences
- Graduate School of Humanities and Sociology
- Graduate School of Information Science and Technology
- Graduate School of Interdisciplinary Information Studies
- Graduate Schools for Law and Politics
- Graduate School of Mathematical Sciences
- Graduate School of Medicine
- Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Graduate School of Public Policy
- Graduate School of Science
Criteria for Eligibility
All applicants must demonstrate that they meet the following requirements in order to be considered for a MEXT Scholarship at the University of Tokyo:
- Required grade point average of 2.30 or higher.
- Required to have a stellar academic track record.
- Must come from a country that is a member of the MEXT.
- You need to have been born before April 2, 1989.
- Should already have a degree under their belt in a discipline relevant to the programme for which they are applying.
- Both English and Japanese language skills are required at a high level.
- Before travelling to Japan, students must first get a student visa.
- Required to enrol in classes at the university by the given date.
- I must not have ever received this scholarship before.
- Both one’s mind and one’s body need to be in good shape.
- Application form
- Research plan
- field of Study
- Letter of recommendation from the Dean.
- Passport size photographs
- Official transcript from the home university.
- Language proficiency certificate.
- Abstract of the thesis.
- Official statement of graduation expected (for students expected to graduate after applying).
- Passport copy.
The documents have to be in either Japanese or English, and they have to be printed in duplex using the A4 format and Microsoft Word. It is necessary to have the documents translated if they are written in a different language.
Note that you will not receive your documents once the submission has been made and that your application will not be considered if it is handed in after the deadline has passed.
If you arrive early or after the allotted time, the company that is paying for your travel costs will not reimburse you.
How Should One Apply?
You can submit your application for the scholarship by using one of the following methods:
- Complete and submit the application form, which may be found online.
- Please provide all of the necessary documentation.
- The form must be completed appropriately in either English or Japanese.
- Please click on the link provided below.
- Fill out this application to be considered for the UOT MEXT Scholarship in Japan in 2024.
If you are interested in pursuing advanced degree programmes outside of the country, the MEXT Scholarships offered by the University of Tokyo are a fantastic opportunity that will allow you to study in Japan at no cost.
Because of these scholarships, all of your costs will be covered.