Candidates are being sought for the Doctoral Training Scholarships programme that will be offered by the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) during the academic session 2023–2024.
This scholarship opportunity is open to students from other countries who are interested in pursuing a Doctoral Degree and making a good effect on the lives of others via their academic endeavours.
In the fields of public and global health, the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) is widely recognized as the preeminent institution for Research and Postgraduate Teaching.
Since its founding in 1899, the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) has had a long tradition of delivering cutting-edge education and training to students hailing from all over the world.
If you participate in the OneZoo CDT programme at LSHTM, you will gain the knowledge and skills necessary to combat zoonotic dangers, both those that exist today and those that will emerge in the future.
In addition to the training you will receive for your specific PhD project, you will also receive training in fundamental specialist skills and gain an awareness of the essential drivers that contribute to zoonotic illnesses.
Through participation in this programme, individuals have the chance to make a contribution towards resolving one of the most pressing problems facing the human race.
Details Regarding Doctoral Training Scholarships 2023
- Eligible Countries: All International Students.
- Host Institution(s): London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM).
- Department: NA.
- Course Level: PhD.
- Award: Tuition, Stipend.
- Access Mode: Online.
- Number of Awards: 3
- Nationality: International Students.
Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM).
Financial Support for Students
The London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) will provide the following benefits:
- Tuition Fees (at the LSHTM home fee rate).
- Student Stipend (at the UKRI studentship rate, which is GBP 19,668.00 in 2023-24).
- Research Training and Support Grant to go towards consumables and training.
In order for the applicants to be considered, they need to fulfil all of the following criteria:
1. A Master’s Degree in a field that is relevant to the programme of study that is going to be pursued (this is recommended).
2. A qualification that is suitable for the programme of study that is going to be pursued, whether it be in Medical, Dentistry, or Veterinary Studies.
3. An Honours Degree in a relevant field with a grade of Upper Second-class from a university in the United Kingdom or an abroad certificate of a comparable standard from another country.
Instructions on How to Apply
Candidates for this scholarship are required to meet the following requirements in order to be considered:
Applicants must submit their request to study for a Research Degree through the LSHTM application portal in order to be considered.
- Create a 2-page CV.
- Make a copy of the photo page of your passport.
- Send all four of your application materials to the following email address: [email protected].
If you are applying to LSHTM, the subject of the email you send to OneZoo must include both the name of the host institution and the surname of the primary supervisor’s last name (e.g. “LSHTM_Smith“).
Admission Requirements: Applicants to the NERC, BBSRC, and MRC OneZoo Centre for Doctoral Training at Cardiff University are required to fill out this form in its entirety.
Language Requirement: Students typically need to demonstrate an adequate command of the English language.