The University of Loughborough is glad to announce the availability of Data Science and Artificial Intelligence Scholarships for the academic year 2023-24.
There are 50 of these scholarships available, and their purpose is to encourage and support students who come from groups that are under-represented to develop skills in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence.
The applicants for these scholarships need to demonstrate that they belong to at least one of the under-represented groups in order to be considered.
It is common knowledge that Loughborough University is one of the finest educational and research institutions on the entire globe.
Its Department of Computer Science is a leader in the fields of Data Science and Artificial Intelligence, with facilities on the cutting edge of technology and academic members who are experts in their fields.
Students who decide to enroll at Loughborough will have the opportunity to benefit from a learning atmosphere that is both supportive and inclusive.
This is in addition to having access to a wide variety of professional development options.
Details Regarding Data Science and Artificial Intelligence Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: UK/EU
- Host Institution(s): Loughborough University.
- Department: Department for Science, Innovation and Technology.
- Course Level: Masters.
- Award: £10,000
- Access Mode: Online.
- Number of Awards: 50.
- Nationality: UK/EU Student.
Acceptable Course or Subjects
Students enrolled in one of the following Master of Science Degree programmes will be eligible to receive the scholarship:
- MSc Data Science.
- MSc Artificial Intelligence and Data Analytics.
- MSc Cyber Security and Data Analytics.
- MSc Digital Finance.
Financial Support for Students
The award amount from Loughborough University can be up to £10,000, and it can be used to pay for either the tuition or the living expenses, or a combination of the two.
These scholarships are disbursed to recipients in a total of three equal amounts during the course of the academic year.
The following are the requirements that candidates for the scholarship must meet:
1. You must identify with at least one of the following under-represented groups to be considered:
- Black Students.
- Students Registered Disabled.
- Students From a Low Socioeconomic Background.
- Care Experienced Students.
- Estranged Students.
- Roma and Traveller Students.
- Children From Military Families.
- Veterans and Partners of Military Personnel.
2. In order to be eligible for the Postgraduate Master’s loan, you must satisfy either the nationality or residency status requirements.
3. You must have a spot secured in one of the programmes that are eligible for participation.
4. You must have your own money, meaning that you are not receiving any additional scholarships or sponsorships of any kind.
Instructions on How to Apply
To submit an application for the scholarship, be sure to fill out the application form here.
In addition, applicants are required to have already handed in their application to participate in one of the Master’s Degree programmes.
This should be done prior to submitting an application for the scholarship, since applicants will be expected to include their Postgraduate application number as part of the process.
When you hand in your application, you will be required to include a brief statement in support of the following topics:
1. Your history of success in scholastic endeavours, in professional endeavours, and in extracurricular activities
2. Your prior experience in the field of data science and any future professional goals you have.
3. How you intend to use the scholarship’s financial support.
Admission Requirements: In order to be considered for admission to the university, prospective students must demonstrate that they satisfy all of the admission standards set forth by the institution.
Language Requirement: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.