In some low-income and underrepresented countries, it is extremely challenging for young women to get an education because there are either not enough educational opportunities or not enough educational resources.
Individuals from different Commonwealth member countries are now able to apply for this fellowship programme and increase their knowledge and skills that are required to manage the world.
This is done in order to promote and safeguard “girl’s education,” which is the goal of the Commonwealth Fellowships that have been established for this purpose.
The fellowships are designed for professionals in the middle of their careers who are working in fields connected to the education of girls.
Individuals who are brilliant, have potential, and desire to bring about change in their native countries will have the possibility to do so as a result of this opportunity.
In addition to this, it is a fully funded fellowship programme, which means that all of the selected fellows’ costs will be covered by the programme.
It is imperative that you seize this chance if you have any prior expertise that is even remotely connected to the field of education.
Details Regarding Commonwealth Professional Fellowships 2024
- Country: United Kingdom.
- Host Organization: UK Department for International Development (DFID).
- Qualification: Mid-Career Professionals.
- Type: Fully Funded.
- Category: Fellowship.
Benefits of Commonwealth Fellowships
- An allowance of £1,944 per month.
- Ticket for a round-trip flight.
- Arrival allowance.
- Reimbursement for visa fees.
Countries That Are Eligible
- Antigua and Barbuda.
- Sierra Leone.
- Solomon Islands.
- Papua New Guinea Rwanda.
- St Helena.
- St Lucia.
- St Vincent and the Grenadines.
- South Africa.
- Sri Lanka.
Criteria for Eligibility
If you are interested in applying, then you will need to ensure that you meet all of the requirements that are listed below:
- You have to be a citizen of one of the countries that are part of the Commonwealth.
- You have to first get refugee status from one of the Commonwealth’s countries.
- If you are a British-protected individual, you are eligible to submit an application.
- You are required to have a minimum of five years of experience in the appropriate sector.
- In order to submit an application, you need to be currently employed.
- You are not eligible for this fellowship if you have been awarded any other Commonwealth fellowship in the past five years.
- You are expected to be available to participate in the class on the specified dates.
- Academic transcripts.
- Employment information.
- Personal statement.
- List of information regarding three potential referees.
- Development effect statement.
- Rundown of all of the awards and publications.
How to Apply for Commonwealth Fellowship Program
Through the CSC’s online application system, all interested applicants can submit their applications online.